What do the Governors do?
What do we do? ....
The governing body's main role is:
- to provide a sense of direction for the work of the school.
- to support the work of the school as a critical friend.
- to hold the school to account for the quality of education it provides and the standards achieved.
The governing body has strategic responsibility for:
- conducting the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
- taking general responsibility for the conduct of the school - in practice, this should include how, in broad strategic terms, it should be run.
- overseeing the school's budget.
- ensuring that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based.
- determining the numbers of staff.
- participating in the appointment of head teacher and deputy head teacher.
- establishing a performance management policy for staff appraisal.
- drawing up an action plan after an inspection.
If you wish to contact any of our governors
or are interesting in a Governor vacancy please contact the school office.